What are the federal guidelines for the charge of conspiracy to distribute marijuana in Missouri?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Fresno, CA

He's being charged for that and he's under a U.S. Marshal hold.

1. John Leif Fossum

2

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. It depends on a lot of factors, not available here. Weight, prior criminal record and so on. It could be a mandatory minimum offense, and prior drug offenses could double the mandatory minimum. There is not enough information to answer your question.

2. Craig S Orent

Pro

2

Answered . As my colleague said, you've not provided enough information for us to intelligently and accurately answer your question. There are too many variables. The maximum possible penalty is generally irrelevant since the sentencing guidelines usually dictate a much lesser sentence (though not always). The maximum sentence for conspiracy to distribute marijuana is life in prison. Again though, that is not typical and the actual sentence imposed depends on many things, including but not limited to the amount of marijuana involved. For more "general" information, see the link. But this is just one piece of the pie as the sentencing guidelines and other statutes will/may apply.

3. William Calvin White II

2

Answered . There is not enough information here to accurately answer this question. The federal sentencing guidelines take numerous factors into account such as criminal history, role in the offense, weight of the drugs, etc. Just be sure to hire an experienced Federal Criminal attorney to guide you through.