Skip to main content

What are the elements that need to be fulfilled in a Personal Injury Lawsuit involving Intention Infliction of Emotional Distres

Grand Ledge, MI |

...distress? I am permanently disabled--on SSDI and it was caused by my ex-husband. I have been diagnosed with Chronic Post-traumatic Stress never stops because my ex-husband and some others never 'stop'--its one thing after another...for well over a decade. I am completely unable to work. Thank you for your input, in advance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This is a good article explaining the elements in detail:

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.


Golnar gave you a good link


Ms. Sargeant was very helpful.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Yes the Wikipedia link supplied by Ms. Sergeant was very good. Look at 4 elements required to prove you case. Remember your ex husband's conduct must be extreme and outrageous. It sounds like you should consult a personal injury lawyer. Good Luck!

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer