What are the effects of shoplifting in naturalization

San Ysidro, CA |

what can happen to a naturalization process if the person shoplifted after submitting the petition for naturalization and thats the first time she commited a crime for 6 years but no police were involved just walmart asset protection

If you are convicted, your application for naturalization could be denied for lack of good moral character.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

there was no trial, or police involved they just had me signed a paper (admition of guilt) they said it will just be on walmart system but i will not have any criminal record.So, since i displayed lack of good moral character, do i still have a chance to get my naturalization?

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Possibly - you need to show the paperwork to an immigration attorney.

i dont have a copy of the paperwork the asset protection guy didn't give me any.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Getting something from an "asser protection guy" is not a crime. Relax.

so do you think it is safe for me to submit my papers for naturalization? do i still have to include that incident or disclose that info to immigration?

Ashkan Emami

Ashkan Emami

Good answer

She wmay have ot disclose it at her interview even if she was not charged as it asks have you ever committed a crime for which you were not arrested. Discuss with an immigration attorney

Your naturalization application can be denied. See a lawyer for a full evaluation. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration