What are the documents for H1 transfer? How many pay slips are needed?

Asked 9 months ago - Baltimore, MD

I joined the company on October 21 and I worked for them for two days and took leave , will that be an issue for H1 transfer? I have only two days pay slip, is it okay to submit that for h1 transfer? Will they reject my H1 transfer?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree. Your status must be valid.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You must be invalid H-1B status at the time of requesting a "transfer". You could run into problems should USC a request proof of your having been in status at the time of the transfer application. Two days worth of pay stubs are nearly not enough to prove this.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  3. Ali Herischi

    Contributor Level 5

    Answered . If you have only worked for your original employer for two days or you are going to get paid more, then you can file for transfer, however you H1-b is not valid if you are out of work. You should submit an employer letter to confirm your current employment in your transfer application. I think you and your company should consult with an attorney before taking any action. It is possible that your company is in violation of its duties as well.

  4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You are to maintain status at all time during your stay in the U.S. Pay stubs are evidence of this.

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,900 answers this week

2,776 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,900 answers this week

2,776 attorneys answering