What are the different ways of filing for divorce?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I'm a bit confused. I thought filing for divorce was just that, but now im hearing there are different forms of divorce, i.e. contested, uncontested, etc... I don't understand what this means or which one I should be filing for.

1. Michael Costantino

Pro

4

Answered . A divorce is a divorce. However, if the parties can agree on everything, and stipulate on paper to this agreement, then the matter becomes uncontested.

2. Donald G. Criscuolo

Pro

2

Answered . Thus in no seperate type of a divorce to file but there is a "simplied" divorce procudure that you can initiate that has less burdensome paperwork requirements. Basically you should probaby just file for a divorce and as the case progresses an agreement may be reached. If that is the case (which happens in about 90% of all cases) then you can schedule a hearing on the judge's uncontested calandar and recieve your Final Judgemnt of Dissolution of Marriage that same day. If there is no agreement, then a trial has to be scheduled and the parties must appear before the court and present evidence in the form of papers and testimony from the parties and/or other witnesses and then the judge makes a ruling. You should consult with a qualified family law attorney to decide what to do and to determine if you qualify for the simlified procedure.

3. Daniel A. Bachert

1

Answered . Visit my site for a better explanation of the two types of divorce available in Florida.

http://palm-beach-divorces.com/index.php?option...

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
    The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
    330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
    West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
    (561) 653-3951
    Palm-Beach-Divorces.com