What are the details of the CA car seat law?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Citrus Heights, CA

My little girl of 7 got out of the car seat during a red light to retrieve the dog. We were in a van and she wanted the dog near her. I told her to get back in and pulled in to the next street to get her back in the seat. Unfortunately I was borrowing a junky panel white van from my mechanic while my car was getting worked on and I think people thought Leah was kidnapped because I got stopped by a motorcycle and two radio cars. What is the law when a child leaves the seat and I can't stop in traffic to retrieve her or stop her? I did what I could right away. What is the judge going to see?

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

4

Answered . Fight this case. It would help if you had an attorney. You might actually have to go to trial.

Andrew Roberts

2. Michael J Silveira

Pro

1

Answered . There are some possible issues with your case. I would recommend contacting an attorney in your area.

3. M. Todd Miller

1

Answered . If the ticket will not cause you to incur points, the cost of litigation will likely outweigh the benefit to fight. Seek out an initial consultation with experienced counsel to discuss.