What are the details of the CA car seat law?

Citrus Heights, CA |

My little girl of 7 got out of the car seat during a red light to retrieve the dog. We were in a van and she wanted the dog near her. I told her to get back in and pulled in to the next street to get her back in the seat. Unfortunately I was borrowing a junky panel white van from my mechanic while my car was getting worked on and I think people thought Leah was kidnapped because I got stopped by a motorcycle and two radio cars. What is the law when a child leaves the seat and I can't stop in traffic to retrieve her or stop her? I did what I could right away. What is the judge going to see?

1. Fight this case. It would help if you had an attorney. You might actually have to go to trial.

Andrew Roberts

2. There are some possible issues with your case. I would recommend contacting an attorney in your area.

3. If the ticket will not cause you to incur points, the cost of litigation will likely outweigh the benefit to fight. Seek out an initial consultation with experienced counsel to discuss.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.

Traffic tickets topics