What are the current laws regarding kids posting graphic pictures of other on the internet,

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Paul, MN

Who is criminally responsible if a kid receives a graphic picture of a "friend" another kid, and then puts that picture onto a social website
Is'nt the responsible party the one who took the picture and got the picture out into cyberspace in the first place.

1. Landon J Ascheman

Pro

4

Answered . Your question is not clear, but I assume you are speaking of underage pornography. If that's the case, the person that took the picture, the person that received the picture, and the person that posted the picture (even if underage), could all be charged with child pornography.

If you, or someone you know, are facing a situation like the one described, I would strongly suggest you contact a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Most of us offer free initial consultations, and would be happy to help.

2. Frank Anthony Natoli

Pro

1

Answered . Hi,

I agree with my colleague in that all the parties involved can be implicated should this turn into a criminal matter.

Where a lot of parents make the mistake is that they assume their child is completely innocent and they take some proactive measure that ends up implicated their own child in the crime like for example making statements to ISPs or other children's parents.

I would strongly advise discussing this with your own lawyer before doing anything on your own and make no statements until you are certain about the situation.

Best regards,
    Frank
    Natoli-Lapin, LLC
    (see Disclaimer)