What are the current laws regarding kids posting graphic pictures of other on the internet,

Saint Paul, MN |
Filed under: Internet law

Who is criminally responsible if a kid receives a graphic picture of a "friend" another kid, and then puts that picture onto a social website
Is'nt the responsible party the one who took the picture and got the picture out into cyberspace in the first place.

Your question is not clear, but I assume you are speaking of underage pornography. If that's the case, the person that took the picture, the person that received the picture, and the person that posted the picture (even if underage), could all be charged with child pornography.

If you, or someone you know, are facing a situation like the one described, I would strongly suggest you contact a criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Most of us offer free initial consultations, and would be happy to help.

For a free consultation, call 612-217-0077. This information is general in nature. You should not rely on this information as legal advice, as each case is unique. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are in need of legal advice concerning a particular matter, you are encouraged to contact us at your earliest convenience.

Hi,

I agree with my colleague in that all the parties involved can be implicated should this turn into a criminal matter.

Where a lot of parents make the mistake is that they assume their child is completely innocent and they take some proactive measure that ends up implicated their own child in the crime like for example making statements to ISPs or other children's parents.

I would strongly advise discussing this with your own lawyer before doing anything on your own and make no statements until you are certain about the situation.

Best regards,
Frank
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 Support@LanternLegal.com DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Internet law topics