What are the correct procedures for terminating a month to month room rental in Colorado. No written agreement!

Montrose, CO |

We have had the lease in this home for 3 yrs & we rented a room. I had the tenant served a notice to quit 12 days prior to this next month. They still refuse to leave. I guess I will now have to file for eviction? Do I have 30 days to return any deposit? Is there any suggestions or things I'm missing?

Tenant as been renting this room for 6 months paying for each month on the 1st.

Ordinarily, a landlord has 30 days within which to return all or part of (with written explanation) a security deposit. For a tenancy of one month or longer, but less than six months, a notice to quit must be served at least 7 days before the end of the term. Sounds like you might need to evict the tenant at this point.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation with Mr. Bryans, call The Bryans Law Office at (303) 832-2930.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant