What are the consequences to pleading guilty to a public urination charge?

Perkasie, PA |

I was recently cited for public urination and public drunkenness. I was wondering if pleading guilty to the urination charge could cause more legal problems then just a fine, i.e. being placed on Megan's law list.

the citation states: Defendant did cause a hazardous or physically offensive condition by urinating in a public location. the charge on this citation was disorderly conduct.

Yes some states consider that kind of charge to be public indecency and lewd and result in more than you think in the way of consequences.In some states, streaking and public urination are considered sex crimes.

Massachussets is one the stricter states and prohibits sex offenders and sexual predators from living within 2,500 feet of a school, bus stop, day-care center, park or playground.

California passed a law in 2009 that makes more problems for public urination than one might imagine.

In my state the current controversy is the “No Internet For Sex Offenders Law,”

Get an attorney. Know all the ramifications of a plea in PA.

Public Drunkeness and Urination are not Megan's Law offenses in PA but you do need to be careful. You should speak with a qualified criminal defense attorney about your situtaitno in greater detail as there my be issues that are of concern for you that you have not posted here. Best of luck.

You definitely need to have a lawyer for these charges. If you can avoid these charges by trial or plea bargain you should. Do not mail in a guilty plea without speaking to a lawyer.

Also since January 2009 Pennsylvania has allowed summary offense to be expunged after 5 years if you keep your record clean. You should remember this if you get convicted.