What are the consequences of not renewing a green card?

Orlando, FL |

The fee to to renew is now $450 and I am retired, on social security and cannot afford this. I have been in the US for 20 years and have already renewed my green card once. I do not wish to go to the expense of renewing again. I do not have any criminal issues.

1. Well, you may run into issues obtaining an ID pr license or other documentation ( possibly social security) which require valid proof of immigration status in the US

YOu may be able to get the fee waived , check with a lawyer

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. Please see the answer to your other question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. The consequences are as my colleagues stated. In addition you could be denied further SS benefits if you can not show that you have maintained your status.

Have you considered applying for naturalization so that you never have to worry about this again?

Kyndra L. Mulder, Esquire
    Orlando Office: (904) 296-7702