What are the consequences of failure to allow a child to see the other parent on visitation schedule?

Asked 11 months ago - Cincinnati, OH

The father of my child is very controlling, has stalked me, and his mother as well. He on multiple exchanges has failed to appear for my visitation. Recently, I moved out of state to get away from him and his mother's control. I will not provide an address because of his harassment. He is complaining that because I will not tell him my address that he is concerned for my daughters safety. He also has been asking for my location and an additional phone number regardless of the child being with me. I have had my child since birth and recently received only a few summer visits, due to the move. He feels he has the right to withhold my child from me because he cannot locate me. What can I do to protect myself from him, see my child, and fight him legally to stop his controlling acts?

The father is a seven time convicted felon for theft, identity theft, stealing, etc. My family and I have been a victim of his theft and identity use. One of his older daughters works for the court system, and he has labeled me as a bad/neglecting parent in the court system, even though I have done nothing but provide a steady, disciplined, and loving life for her. He has abused my every way but physically and continues to harass me, putting my daughter through a horrible mess and blaming me for it all. I am severely in debt with an attorney due to my previous court battle with him, which never made it to the judge. What do I need to do?

1. Donald Wilson Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . You have far too many questions to answer than can be done in this fashion. First and foremost, if the Court has ordered something, then you must do that act or face contempt charges. If you have justification then you must first file an appropriate motion and then seek to limit his knowledge of where you live and so on. Unfortunately, this is something that requires legal skill and the use of an attorney if you want to succeed. Emergency Custody Orders, Civil Protection Orders and Motions to Modify are some tools that appear to be pertinent to your case. You may contact me for a free telephone consult at (614)207-1673.

2. Curt Perri Bogen

Pro

Answered . You have extensive high conflict litigation. If you disobey Court Orders--He has the ability to file for Contempt, and based upon the change in circumstances--may even file to change custody. Call your existing Lawyer--get on top of your fee issue--and get into Court to fix the problem. You can't ignore Court Orders--they are not "suggestions"--they're ORDERS. Good Luck.