What are the consequences if I sue and lose in small claims court?

I have been defrauded, but I do not have strong evidence. It was based on oral statements and the witness was an employee (now former employee) of the guy who defrauded me. Witness said that he can testify, but that he has criminal record for lying to police. What will happen if I lose. Can the defendant recover money for time lost? He told me that he will sue me, that he makes $300 per hour. He owns a car repair place and basically charged me for items that he did not replace.

[1500th ANSWER]. You generally CANNOT collect for your "lost time" (wages) in a lawsuit
UNLESS they can PROVE some sort of FRAUD on your part. If you're not lying then he has
to "eat" his lost time. I think he's just a BLOWHARD trying to intimidate you into not suing
him because he knows he messed up with you. It's also highly doubtful he makes $300/hour.
Sue the blowhard and use your witness. Witness can explain to judge about his lying . . .
maybe witness lied for the blowhard? Good luck!!!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

It is highly unlikely that any claim by the potential defendant, for time spent as a defendant in your fraud case, will be successful. He can sue -- because anyone can sue for just about anything -- but it is highly unlikely he would win.

He probably would not be able to bring a successful claim against you.