What are the consequences for letting an unlicensed driver use my vehicle?

Livingston, NJ |

I let my 22 year old boyfriend drive my car while I was in the passengers seat, we got pulled over for his speeding. He got charged for reckless driving (his speeding), failure to present a license (he has an expired permit) and failure to present an insurance card (my insurance card expired, but my dads going to have the insurance fax another since I am under his insurance), we have a court date set for April 30th. The officer didn't give me points for my license nor did he ticket me. However, I would like to know if I would be charged later. He is supposed to present a drivers license and my insurance card in court. This is a first offense, how can he obtain the license within these nine days?

We are also both legal. If he fails to present the drivers license but has the insurance card would there be any charges on me?

Unlikely you will be cited

GREAT NJ traffic court lawyer:

Mechelle Buksar

See the answers to your other post.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets