What are the consequences for an affiant and police falsifying a police statement & police narrative.

Asked over 1 year ago - Homestead, FL

Basically I confessed to a crime and received discovery items from Public Defender,including a police report I can prove is perjured by affiant and a police narrative that includes statements that I know I didn't make. I pled not guilty and trial is set for June. What legal recourse can I take before trial?

1. Maria E Castagliuolo

1

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Rafter's response. You need to speak with your assistant public defender about a Motion to Suppress the alleged confession. If you intend to hire a private attorney, you should do so very quickly because she/he will need time to draft, research, and argue any motions before your pre-trial.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

1

Answered . Based in the somewhat confusing post I'd say the best thing you can do I'd hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. You have a confession, perjury, each is complicated on its own, taken together a real challenge. If you were thinking if suing, forget it. Defend yourself first.

3. William H. Kassebaum

Answered . Ask your PD! Shopping for info on this forum is really for people needing legal assistance that are un represented not to question your lawyers legal course for your case. If your unhappy find private counsel and go over the case with him or her.