Skip to main content

What are the consequences for an affiant and police falsifying a police statement & police narrative.

Homestead, FL |

Basically I confessed to a crime and received discovery items from Public Defender,including a police report I can prove is perjured by affiant and a police narrative that includes statements that I know I didn't make. I pled not guilty and trial is set for June. What legal recourse can I take before trial?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Based in the somewhat confusing post I'd say the best thing you can do I'd hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. You have a confession, perjury, each is complicated on its own, taken together a real challenge. If you were thinking if suing, forget it. Defend yourself first.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

  2. I agree with Mr. Rafter's response. You need to speak with your assistant public defender about a Motion to Suppress the alleged confession. If you intend to hire a private attorney, you should do so very quickly because she/he will need time to draft, research, and argue any motions before your pre-trial.

  3. Ask your PD! Shopping for info on this forum is really for people needing legal assistance that are un represented not to question your lawyers legal course for your case. If your unhappy find private counsel and go over the case with him or her.

    DISCLAIMER: This answer is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between any user/reader and The Law Offices of Kassebaum, Robinson & Abelairas, P.A. We encourage and welcome you to contact us about your legal problems and visit our website at or email me at

Police misconduct topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics