What are the consequences for 2nd probation violation in felony case in NM?

Albuquerque, NM |
Filed under: Criminal defense

My sister has been on probation since 2007 for a felony (trafficking a controlled substance). In 2009, she violated her probation by visiting someone in jail and planning to smuggle in marijuana for the person she was visiting (she was recorded doing so). She got 30 days in the metro court and her conditions were that she stay away from that person. She ended up back with him once he got out of prison 2 months ago and failed to show up to her probation meeting. She had a probation hearing today but I don't know what happened. She ended up being let out of jail (after serving 20 days) on her own recognizance (which I'm unsure what that means). Are people who violate probation typically sentenced at the probation hearing? Is it possible she has a future court date?

1. It would be easier for you to ask your sister what happened than for me to speculate all of the possible outcomes of her probation violation hearing.