What are the consequences (for next entry or new visa) if I get my L1B individual extension denied after submitting RFE docs?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Schaumburg, IL

I am working in USA with L1B Blanket visa since May 2010. My visa is expiring on 1st April 2013 and I-94 on 4th May 2013. My company is planning to apply for my L1B extension (as individual visa) sometimes in March-April. Now, if I get RFE and then my company plans to respond and then finally it get rejected, what are the consequences of this rejection?

1) If the entire processs from application to rejection takes 3-4 months and I end up getting rejection in July,will it be a problem later for any new visa processing or my later entry to USA?
2) Is there any ban period for my entry to US or fresh visa application?
3) is there any problem if I do not reply the RFE and fly back to my country? Can I then apply for a fresh visa after staying there for 3-4 mnths or do I need to wait more time?

Please help by commenting on my questions.

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . It depends on the reasons for the denial.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleague.