What are the changes of a plea bargain to drop dui refusal case for 148 obstructing?

According to the Police report, Initially I was arrested for 148 obstructing an officer and taken to the station for booking where they later booked me for DUI Refusal instead. The police report mentions i was initially arrested for 148 pc.

Paramount, CA -

Richard Franklin Taub

Richard Franklin Taub

DUI / DWI Attorney - Sherman Oaks, CA

There is no such thing. It is purely a matter of negotiation to charge bargain, i.e. for a plea to be based on a different offense than the one changed. The plea mechanics are to amend the charging document to add the obstruction and dismiss the DUI. However, if it is possible to negotiate that result, it will have to be based upon facts favorable to that bargain and you willl likely not have the ability. Hire counsel to try to bargain or win. You know the old adage about representing yourself...

Mark K Rosenfeld

Mark K Rosenfeld

DUI / DWI Attorney - Beverly Hills, CA

You need a good defense attorney to help you get the best possible deal or take your case to trial. Refusals and 148's can be won!

Daniel Hari Vaswani

Daniel Hari Vaswani

DUI / DWI Attorney - Hayward, CA

As mentioned by my colleagues, the 148 violation can sometimes be preserved in the police report for bargaining purposes, you should contact an attorney whom is generally familiar with the way the District Attorney charges DUIs and other criminal matters in your County.

Mark Lawrence Deniz

Mark Lawrence Deniz

DUI / DWI Attorney - San Diego, CA

It is an issue that needs to be vetted. As a former prosecutor I have seen officers be able to articulate why they did it and there were no issues. In other cases it was a point where the thread began to unravel. You need to contact the best attorney possible to explore the facts of your case.