What are the changes of a plea bargain to drop dui refusal case for 148 obstructing?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Paramount, CA

According to the Police report, Initially I was arrested for 148 obstructing an officer and taken to the station for booking where they later booked me for DUI Refusal instead. The police report mentions i was initially arrested for 148 pc.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There is no such thing. It is purely a matter of negotiation to charge bargain, i.e. for a plea to be based on a different offense than the one changed. The plea mechanics are to amend the charging document to add the obstruction and dismiss the DUI. However, if it is possible to negotiate that result, it will have to be based upon facts favorable to that bargain and you willl likely not have the ability. Hire counsel to try to bargain or win. You know the old adage about representing yourself...

    The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need a good defense attorney to help you get the best possible deal or take your case to trial. Refusals and 148's can be won!

    Of course, every DUI case is different and you should consult an experienced DUI defense attorney in your area... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . As mentioned by my colleagues, the 148 violation can sometimes be preserved in the police report for bargaining purposes, you should contact an attorney whom is generally familiar with the way the District Attorney charges DUIs and other criminal matters in your County.

  4. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It is an issue that needs to be vetted. As a former prosecutor I have seen officers be able to articulate why they did it and there were no issues. In other cases it was a point where the thread began to unravel. You need to contact the best attorney possible to explore the facts of your case.

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,626 answers this week

3,651 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,626 answers this week

3,651 attorneys answering