What are the chances that this kid will be put away for a long time? Under age parent, child endangerment, mental instability.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

A co-worker, currently a minor, has a young child that lives with him. A few months ago, he assaulted his father with an axe, caused grievous wounds. Father chose not to press charges, and I think state dismissed the case since he was a minor. Lately, the co-worker has acquired a gun without permits. Has been obsessing with and was even answering door with them. Has been firing bullets into his own mattress to "get a feel" for them. He forgot to clear a chamber once, and a bullet went off while cleaning gun, hitting a box of ammunition and setting off several other bullets. Child was present, but records indicate child "lives" at another address. Mattress disposed of. Another coworker claims to have "smashed" guns. He will be dangerous if not held long term. How do I get this investigated?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. John Arthur Smitten

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Call the Sheriff office. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

  2. Sean Patrick Lewis

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Call the local child protective services folks and tell them exactly what you said here. Answer all of their questions.


    The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney... more

Related Topics

Child protection services

Child protection services (CPS) is a government agency that protects children from abuse and neglect. This abuse could be from injury or other harm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,661 answers this week

2,934 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,661 answers this week

2,934 attorneys answering