What are the chances that he will get his green card?? Plz answer!!!

Everett, MA |

My ex-husband used me for a green card. We are divorced now. He got his conditional green card and is now applying for the permanent one using the i-751 waiver I assume. I reported him to immigration saying that he used me and a couple of affidavits from family/friends and a psychologist. What are the chances he will get his green card? He has pictures of us together, a couple of bills, bank statement while we were together (8 months)?

Please see the answer to your other question.

You need to move on with your life and stop obsessing about him.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

It is impossible to assess the "chances" that he will be able to keep his green card.

The USCIS will consider your affidavit(s) as red flags to possible immigration fraud. However, it is up to the USCIS and ICE to take any action regarding the granting or denial of his I-751. Without knowing more about the situation it is not possible to provide further advice.

Unfortunately, he probably has a good chance of success.

Consider hiring a lawyer ... to do a 'better' job of providing evidence to immigration.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Hard to say for sure ( I don't know who you reported this information to, and if it will get back to the file at Boston USCIS); but I doubt he will have an easy time of it.

Using this service does not create an attorney/client relationship and the information posted here is not confidential or privileged legal advice. The answers given here are for general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice.