What are the chances that a judge may let me move to texas with my 4 yr and 2 year?

Canoga Park, CA |

we have on October 31, he physically abuse me when my baby girl was 2 and i was giving full custody over her. when my son was born he keep drinking and abusive so i left him. he hasn't since the kids for over a year and i been offer a better job in Texas. what are the chances that a judge will let me move to texas?

1. Although those are helpful reasons, there are better reasons for obtaining a "move away" order, such as a better job and better schools in Texas.

I can be reached at 714-442-1522 if you have further questions. Before accepting any answer as a final answer, you should have your case reviewed by an attorney. No attorney on Avvo has read your paperwork and therefore cannot give a completely valid answer suited to your case.

2. It depends on the facts, his appearing or not appearing and the judge. I am not a fortune teller, sorry

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

Child custody topics