What are the chances of winning a relocation case if I (the father) live in CA and my kids live in AZ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Westminster, CA

In the beginning of 2012 there was a documented case of domestic violence. My ex-wife placed a restraining order against her other baby's father. She admitted that the baby's father smoked marijuana in and around the children. I was too uneducated to figure out i could possibly do an emergency order. She has also moved multiple times within the past 5 years causing my children to have to switch schools almost every school year. She continually demonstrates her unwillingness to co-parent by not giving me any information as to how they are doing in school to their health and well being. She seems to think that since I moved away that the Joint Parenting Plan is no longer valid and she is trying to reduce my 6 wk summer visitation to 2 wks. There are other issues too What are my options

1. Martha Bronson

4

1

Answered . This type of case is far to fact specific to be able to give you helpful advice in this forum. I suggest you obtain legal counselASAP. In the meantime, document her actions carefully particularly those where she withholds medical and general well being information and fails to be coopertive . Documenting means write letters to he r confirming her conduct and explaining detriment to children. Best of Luck.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

1

Answered . Martha is 100% correct, you need an attorney to gather and present the evidence in the best possilbe light