What are the chances of my brother being extradited from California to Vermont?

Asked over 1 year ago - Redwood City, CA

He was arrested last month , and was taking care of his requirement ( DEJA program and court fines ) The U . S . Marshals picked him up on a federal warrant from Vermont . This just happened , and we have no clue what the warrant is for . He hasn't been in Vt for the past year and a half . He has a job and family in Ca . What are the chances that he will be transferred to Vermont ?

1. Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

6

Answered . If it is a federal warrant I'd say 100 percent.

He will probably be entitled to a federal public defender once he makes his first appearance before a federal magistrate so he will not be alone and floundering in court. The warrant should give some indication what it is for.

You can try to find out more information by going to PACER - a federal public website. Put in your brother's name and indicate (where required) that it's a Vermont case. You might get some help that way.
    www.pacer.gov

2. Richard Stephen Jaffe

7

Answered . If there is an outstanding warrant in VT, chances are high. I sggest you consult with an attorney there.

Any response given is not to be taken as legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship.
  3. Seth Andrew Weinstein

5

Answered . The fact that it is a federal warrant makes it very very likely they will extradite him.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com