What are the chances of getting B2 Visa Waiver approved after being rejected by 212 (a)(6)(c)(i)?

Laredo, TX |

Hope you are doing great! I am trying to get a B2 visa to visit my family in the US. Currently I am 23 years old and my B2 Visa was taken away when trying to cross the bridge to Laredo, Texas back on 05/2007. I tried to get it replaced right away that same month, I schedule an appointment at the US Embassy at Monterrey, Mexico and in the appointment I mentioned I studied High School in Mexico when I didnt since I did live in the US from August 2001 until May 2007 where I did study one year of middle school, high school and one year of college studying to become a Paramedic. I got my Visa request rejected due to fraud since I did stated I studied in Mexico. Currently I am about to get my bachelors degree in Mexico and have a stable job where I have been for 1 year already.

I was barely 18 when I lied to the US Consular officer, and at that moment I was currently taking classes at the Laredo Community College to become a Paramedic and even did Clinical Hours at the Local Hospital, on January 2012 I scheduled a new appointment since I needed to travel to US for work reasons and it was denied, the Consular officer advise me to wait one year to apply verbally for a waiver, he mentioned that keeping this job I should schedule a new appointment in one year and increase the chances of getting the waiver approved. Can you please advise what is the best thing to do to get the B2 visa?

1. Getting a waiver for a material misrepresentation is very, very, difficult.

You need to meet in-person with an attorney (this could be by Skype).

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Once you misrepresent yourself in any way to ICE/DHS, you can't get a visa without a waiver excusing that behavior. It's going to be extremely difficult to get a waiver that will allow you to secure another B2 Visitor Visa. I would strongly recommend you schedule a consultation with an attorney experienced in this area. And as my colleague suggests, many of these can take place over SKYPE.

Please remember this is not official legal advice, and this is no way establishes an attorney-client relationship. For a free 15 minute phone consultation please call 972-638-7207.

3. I agree with my colleagues.