What are the chances of appoval for I 601 for my husband?

Cambridge, MA |

My husband entered legally married. Stayed married for one year and then separated. He stayed one extra year more than he was allowed by his visa. He divorced his wife and went back to The Dominican Republic. Now I am claimming him as my husband. He never got in trouble while in USA. He worked and filed taxes. What are his chances? Thanks, Mattie.

Depends on the facts and evidence submitted with the I-601

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

A complete copy of your I-601 waiver petition submitted to CIS would be required before an Immigration Attorney can provide an estimation of success for your case.

Nothing in this response to your posting on AVVO is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your specific situation. Our posting is intended to provide general information of interest to the public. Facts relevant to your situation and not disclosed in your posting may affect your specific legal rights and remedies.

I agree with my colleagues.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

There is no way of answering your question accurately based on this information. If, in fact, your husband is eligible to apply for a waiver, then in order to be approved for the waiver, he will need to establish that denial of the waiver would result in extreme hardship to you, and/or to other qualifying relatives. I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney regarding the process.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Tax law topics