What are the chances of appoval for I 601 for my husband?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cambridge, MA

My husband entered legally married. Stayed married for one year and then separated. He stayed one extra year more than he was allowed by his visa. He divorced his wife and went back to The Dominican Republic. Now I am claimming him as my husband. He never got in trouble while in USA. He worked and filed taxes. What are his chances? Thanks, Mattie.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Depends on the facts and evidence submitted with the I-601

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  2. Husna F. Alikhan

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . A complete copy of your I-601 waiver petition submitted to CIS would be required before an Immigration Attorney can provide an estimation of success for your case.

    Nothing in this response to your posting on AVVO is intended or should be considered as legal advice to your... more
  3. John Grayson Davidson

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com
  4. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . There is no way of answering your question accurately based on this information. If, in fact, your husband is eligible to apply for a waiver, then in order to be approved for the waiver, he will need to establish that denial of the waiver would result in extreme hardship to you, and/or to other qualifying relatives. I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney regarding the process.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,254 answers this week

3,410 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,254 answers this week

3,410 attorneys answering