What are the chances of appoval for I 601 for my husband?

Asked about 1 year ago - Cambridge, MA

My husband entered legally married. Stayed married for one year and then separated. He stayed one extra year more than he was allowed by his visa. He divorced his wife and went back to The Dominican Republic. Now I am claimming him as my husband. He never got in trouble while in USA. He worked and filed taxes. What are his chances? Thanks, Mattie.

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Depends on the facts and evidence submitted with the I-601

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

2. Husna F. Alikhan

1

Answered . A complete copy of your I-601 waiver petition submitted to CIS would be required before an Immigration Attorney can provide an estimation of success for your case.

3. John Grayson Davidson

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com
  4. Michael Hugh Carlin

Answered . There is no way of answering your question accurately based on this information. If, in fact, your husband is eligible to apply for a waiver, then in order to be approved for the waiver, he will need to establish that denial of the waiver would result in extreme hardship to you, and/or to other qualifying relatives. I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney regarding the process.