What are the chances of a person with dual US and Mexican citizenship being extradited for a white-collar crime?

San Diego, CA |

I was a patsy for a ponzy scam, and am now facing jail time. I am a mexican citizen, and am wondering what the chances are that I could be extradited by the US.

Probably not too high but you should consult a lawyer
Right Away

Come on, how are we supposed to give you "chances" based on your post.

And even if a competent attorney had all the information, they shouldn't ethically be giving percentages. Hire locally experienced criminal defense attorneys on both sides of the border ASAP and don't leave your freedom to chance.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555

While there is an extradition treaty between the US and MX, the likelihood of extradition depends on (1) whether you are found; and (2) the gravity of the charges against you. The more serious the charges are, the more effort that US law enforcement agents will make to locate and extradite you to the US. I recommend that you contact an attorney experienced in federal criminal law to assist you immediately.

Joshua Sabert Lowther, Esq.
NATIONAL FEDERAL DEFENSE GROUP
jlowther@nationalfederaldefense.com
http://www.NationalFederalDefense.com
866.380.1782