What are the chances of a pardon for a plead misdemeanor 14yrs ago in the State of MN.

Asked over 1 year ago - Minneapolis, MN

I was involved in an investment pool with 2 other individuals that went sour, to make a long story short, the plead was 2 counts of misdemeanor, restitution for $20K, 30 days work-release, and 5yrs probation. All has been paid full and release from probation. No other offense since and was also first offense ever. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. -Thank you in advance.

1. Andrew M. Leone

5

Answered . It sounds like you are asking about an expungement. With a plea in the case, an expungement is not guaranteed; however it could still be granted. The judge will consider many things, such as the length of tome tjat has past, if you completed all conditions, any of trouble with the law, how you are negatively impacted by your record.

Its a process that will take 3-4 months.

Good luck and let me know if I could be of assistance.

Thanks,

Andrew Leone
    Leone Legal, PA

612-356-2529 (call/text)
    leonelegal@gmail.com

2. Jim Mitchell Medley

3

Answered . Pardon's are usually reserved for cases where a person's sentence is later found to be unjust, or sometimes for political reasons. If you don't have any stroke with the governor, pardon is not likely in your future.

Best of luck.

3. Frank Mascagni III

2

Answered . Pardons for a state conviction can only be granted by the governor of that state usually. Pardons are rarely given by state governors absent some unusual circumstance or injustice.

You need to consult with an attorney in your area to see if MN has an expungement or sealing statute that you may qualify for. Get counsel to help.