What are the chances I got a dwai?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Greenvale, NY

I was arrested for a dwi about ten years ago and I can't remember if it was reduced to a dwai? I was nineteen it was my first offense and I was pretty much done with court I one or two times going. From your experience how many judges in the past wouldn't have reduced that to a dwai and gave a dwi

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

14

Answered . For an underage, a DWAI was harder to get. Make it simple and check with the clerk of the Court as to the disposition of your case.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

12

Answered . Call the court and find out what you were convicted of. or call the attorney that represented you. No one here can give you an answer.

3. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

11

Answered . Order a certificate of disposition to determine the first case. Normal deals from 10 years ago but different from current deals.

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

10

Answered . Go/call the court and ask.

5. Zev Goldstein

Pro

8

Answered . Call the court and they will be happy (or unhappy) to help you out. If you just plead guilty make then, you may be able to come back with a attorney now and reopen the case.

6. John J. Carney

Pro

4

Answered . You cannot call the court, they will not give out that information over the phone. Your lawyer shouldn't be bothered to look up a 10 year old file for free, and they only keep files for 7 years mostly as that is who long the bar association makes them keep them. You can go to the clerk of the court and get a Certificate of Disposition or ask her to look it up and tell you if you do not need the proof in writing.

7. Patrick Ferriter Scully

4

Answered . This information should be on your Abstract of Driving Record (i.e. driving history). You can get it by going down to your local DMV. It usually costs about $11.00.