Skip to main content

What are the chances for my wife to get F2 visa, while I am on OPT and employed full time in US?

Burlington, WA |

I started my OPT on Jan 16, 2012 and I am, currently, a full time employee. I am getting married in August, 2012 and planning to bring my wife to US with me. I am just wondering how likely are the chances for my wife to get F2 Visa. Also, please suggest me what procedure or steps I have to follow to improve her chances.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Each immigration case is a unique one. The chances may be greatly enhanced in you would retain a professional licensed immigration attorney who will ensure that every detail, nuance and fact of the application process are done correctly. All that will improve the case.
Suggesting you what procedural steps to take is unethical as it invites facilitating practice of law without a law license.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Your wife will be entitled to apply for an F-2 as long as you are on OPT.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


There are no facts in your posting that would prevent her from obtaining an F-2 visa.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer