Skip to main content

What are the chance of beating an fleeing to elude arrest?

Salisbury, NC |

there is a rumor about my friend being in a vehicle turning around right before a L/C and that he got out of the car several yards away and ran, by the time the cops got there the guy was gone but his friend stayed and the police told him that if he didn't tell him who was in the car he was going to kill him, so he told the police that it was my friend who was with them but not at the stop. there was another guy that was with him and he didn't say, how can i help him?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. You need to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. If they didn't catch the individual during the commission of the offense they are just going off the words of the individuals in the car. Their word as to who was driving is the whole issue. That being so, their credibility and motives can be an issue.


    Erick Platten
    State Wide Representation

    AVVO attorney donate their time to answer questions for the public. If you believe an answer was helpful to you please click the helpful answer tab. It is greatly appreciated.

  2. If you know who the person was at the scene, then you can also contact the police. I am also in favor of consulting with an attorney, not because you should need one in the long term, but you left out a lot of details, such as how you know the person who was actually in the car. Police aren't mind readers, if you don't tell them, they won't know.

  3. You can help your friend by having him contact an attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help ward off charges during the investigation phase, facilitate the surrender and booking process if warrants are out, and of course negotiate and prepare defenses after charges are filed.

    These comments, based on limited information, are not intended as legal advice and are not to be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice consult with an attorney to get a thorough review of the charges.

  4. It is a rumor, not an actual fact? Have you asked your friend. Who is "the guy?" What are the actual facts? The cop threatened to kill someone? Your question is quite confusing.

    R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

  5. Your question is rather confusing. If you're indicating that your friend was not in fact there--then his attorney can defend him by putting on alibi evidence demonstrating that he was elsewhere. Lastly, the person that gave the police that information can have his credibility challenged at trial.

    I hope I understood the question. Best wishes and be sure to direct him to consult an attorney. Lastly, enjoy your New Year!

    The response to your question was prepared by the Law Offices of Raushanah F. Rodgers, PLLC for informational purposes only. Before you make a decision that may have legal implications, you should consult with a qualified legal professional to obtain specific legal advice tailored to your situation. Our response is not an invitation to enter into nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. Our response may be considered advertising under the North Carolina, New York and or Virginia Rules of Professional Conduct, all of which are applicable to our legal practice.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics