What are the chance of beating an fleeing to elude arrest?

Asked 7 months ago - Salisbury, NC

there is a rumor about my friend being in a vehicle turning around right before a L/C and that he got out of the car several yards away and ran, by the time the cops got there the guy was gone but his friend stayed and the police told him that if he didn't tell him who was in the car he was going to kill him, so he told the police that it was my friend who was with them but not at the stop. there was another guy that was with him and he didn't say, how can i help him?

1. Anna Morrison Goodwin

Pro

1

Answered . If you know who the person was at the scene, then you can also contact the police. I am also in favor of consulting with an attorney, not because you should need one in the long term, but you left out a lot of details, such as how you know the person who was actually in the car. Police aren't mind readers, if you don't tell them, they won't know.

2. David Landon White

Pro

Answered . You can help your friend by having him contact an attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help ward off charges during the investigation phase, facilitate the surrender and booking process if warrants are out, and of course negotiate and prepare defenses after charges are filed.

3. Raushanah Fadqua Rodgers

Pro

Answered . Your question is rather confusing. If you're indicating that your friend was not in fact there--then his attorney can defend him by putting on alibi evidence demonstrating that he was elsewhere. Lastly, the person that gave the police that information can have his credibility challenged at trial.

I hope I understood the question. Best wishes and be sure to direct him to consult an attorney. Lastly, enjoy your New Year!

4. Erick Masten Platten

Pro

1

Answered . You need to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. If they didn't catch the individual during the commission of the offense they are just going off the words of the individuals in the car. Their word as to who was driving is the whole issue. That being so, their credibility and motives can be an issue.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten
    State Wide Representation

AVVO attorney donate their time to answer questions for the public. If you believe an answer was helpful to you please click the helpful answer tab. It is greatly appreciated.

5. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

Answered . It is a rumor, not an actual fact? Have you asked your friend. Who is "the guy?" What are the actual facts? The cop threatened to kill someone? Your question is quite confusing.