What are the chance i can get approved for an UV visa is I was a victim of a serious crime against me. If i have been deported..

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

I have been deported back in 1998 for sales of meth. But in 2008 I was a victim of a crime in San Diego. The person was charged with attempted murder but was found guilty of assult and battery with a deadly weapon and assult to great bodyly damage etc... I helped the DA convict this person in court.. He was sentenced to 7 years with 2 strikes.. But I was deported again in 2012 this past october. But ICE didnt give me no prison time.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Linda Yin Liang

1

Answered . You have two issues: your eligibility of U visa and an immigration waiver. Nevertheless, you have more chance if DA is willing to help you.

3. Linda Yin Liang

1

4. Kristina A. Gasson

1

Answered . Your chances aren't good unless you have information that could lead to the convictions of other people involved with the crime. Ideally you should have applied for the U visa when you were helping the DA convict the person. He or she could have filled out the certification that shows that you were helping him at the time and if approved, you would have been allowed to stay in the United States. Right now you are inadmissible to the U.S. for drug trafficking and due to your deportation. Unless a waiver is granted, you cannot return.