What are the best strategy /ways to overcome deportation proceedings/removal proceedings . i,m a green card holder...

Minneapolis, MN |

issue rise out of business deal going back several individuals involved,As for me, I plea no contest to two felony charges.

Issue rise out of business deal going back several individuals involved,As for me, I plea no contest to two felony charges.

I continuously reside in the U.S for 14 years after being admitted as refugee for legal status( card green holder).condition under which U.S grant family refugee status remind the same

otherwise,I have clean criminal record beside traffic ticket... unfortunately I,m broke can't afford a lawyer

1. No answers on avvo can adequately address your situation, especially in light of the limited facts you have provided. You need to consult with an immigration attorney to review your entire immigration history and criminal record and advise you accordingly.

2. I agree with my colleague. Based on the facts of your case the best strategy is to consult an immigration lawyer who can review your case in further detail and evaluate the merits of your case.

3. You are in serious trouble and need to 'find a way' to pay an attorney to help you.

It doesn't matter that you came as a refugee, the US government can still deport you ... unless you show that you "will" be persecuted and not that you "might" be persecuted.

Don't take the risk.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.