What are the benefits of filing a law suit via a Mass Tort? Is it possible to join a Mass Tort after the case has been filed?

Brownsburg, IN |

We have been approached by an organization soliciting us to join a mass tort suit against a major mortgage lender. Unlike a class action suit we are told that a fee ($5000) must be paid upfront to join the suit. Are these common practices for mass tort law suits?

Nonsense.

Herman Gene Burkett Jr.

Herman Gene Burkett Jr.

Sounds like a scam.

There are many law firms and groups of law firms that are soliciting mass tort cases. It is possible to join after filing, but, there are certain statute of limitations that must be considered. I would contact someone local to discuss the matter and to review your options.

Be careful. There are a number of consumer scams similar to this taking place throughout the country. You should consult with an attorney not associated with this organization to get an indepedent review of your case. If your legal claims are solid, there are a number of quality attorneys who would take the case without charging you a fee.

If you would like a free consultation about your issue, you may call me at 850-228-9175 or email me at cbupton@gmail.com. My answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.