What are the approximate fees for a US citizenship application?

Ashburn, VA |

The application is for a person in their 70's. They've had a GC for a number of years. The only complication is having multiple trips outside the US that are more than 6 months, but less than a year.

Clarification - I want to know the approximate LEGAL fees, not the fee I pay to USCIS.

The filing fee is $680. That includes fingerprinting fees which are waived for the elderly depending on the age of the applicants. Do to the physical presence requirements for naturalization they should not just file without allowing an attorney to analyze their absences. Don't waste the filing fees if they are not eligible.

I agree with Attorney Karapetian

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

Multiple trips can be a problem. Legal fees vary from attorney to attorney, there is no way that this message board will be able to help you in that regard.

www.capriotti.com -- franco@capriotti.com -- Senior Legal Counsel -- Capriotti International Law -- Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association www.aila.org for a referral to an experienced immigration attorney.

You'll need to contact immigration lawyers in your area in order to get an understanding of the average price. It varies by region and by attorney.

The USCIS filing fee is $695. Legal fees will vary considerably based upon the facts of the case and experience and qualifications of the attorney. Expect to pay more for experience and evidence of knowlege such as Board Certification, which can be quite valuable in a case like this.

-----------
Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
Board Certified Immigration Attorney
Devore Law Group, P.A.
2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Telephone: (561) 478-5353
Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
web: www.devorelawgroup.com

Attorney fees depend on the attorney and the complexity of the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.