What are the approximate fees for a US citizenship application?

Asked over 2 years ago - Ashburn, VA

The application is for a person in their 70's. They've had a GC for a number of years. The only complication is having multiple trips outside the US that are more than 6 months, but less than a year.

Clarification - I want to know the approximate LEGAL fees, not the fee I pay to USCIS.

1. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

3

Answered . The filing fee is $680. That includes fingerprinting fees which are waived for the elderly depending on the age of the applicants. Do to the physical presence requirements for naturalization they should not just file without allowing an attorney to analyze their absences. Don't waste the filing fees if they are not eligible.

2. Kaela Anne Meyers

2

Answered . You'll need to contact immigration lawyers in your area in order to get an understanding of the average price. It varies by region and by attorney.

3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

2

Answered . The USCIS filing fee is $695. Legal fees will vary considerably based upon the facts of the case and experience and qualifications of the attorney. Expect to pay more for experience and evidence of knowlege such as Board Certification, which can be quite valuable in a case like this.

-----------
    Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Telephone: (561) 478-5353
    Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
    Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
    email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
    web: www.devorelawgroup.com

4. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with Attorney Karapetian

5. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . Multiple trips can be a problem. Legal fees vary from attorney to attorney, there is no way that this message board will be able to help you in that regard.

6. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Attorney fees depend on the attorney and the complexity of the case.