What are the "quiet hours" in Oakland, CA? I have had trouble locating this information online.

Oakland, CA |

My neighbors have complained about us playing music at 8PM one evening and 8:45 PM another evening. We try to be very respectful and keep noise to a minimum after 10PM all nights.

1. Generally, I would think quiet hours are after 8:00 p.m. based on the fact that is when people usually put their younger children to bed. If you call Oakland city staff they can tell you whether there is a noise ordinance in Oakland and you can ask the police what they believe constitutes disturbing the peace. If you have CC&R’s you would need to look at those and see if there are any restrictions regarding noise and time.
    ________

This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.