What are steps to file Parental Alienation against ex in IL?

Asked over 5 years ago - Chicago, IL

Divorced for <1 yr, ex has convinced my children to avoid visits, tx calls. emails or any other contact w/me. She has sole custody BUT I do have visitation rights which she is ignoing. What do I need to file against her for Parental Alienation?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . You need to file a Petition for Rule to Show Cause and for Visitation Abuse. You will need to set out when you've been denied visitation, how many times, and what she has done and said in refusing you the visitation as defined in the court order. Parental Alienation is something that is better shown than simply calling it parental alienation. The reason is that many therapists don't believe it exists in professional circles, but both experts and judges alike know it when they see it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,121 answers this week

3,678 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,121 answers this week

3,678 attorneys answering