What are Standing orders for in Probate court? These 2 are regarding any letters issued to the public guardian/Administrator who

Asked almost 2 years ago - Olympia, WA

...was handling the estates of various accounts....What do they do? Thnx~

1. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

8

Answered . You really should talk with a Washington probate lawyer who practices in the court you are dealing with. Just speaking generally, "standing orders" are not unusual in American courts. They generally are put in place by judges to address issues that come up routinely, time and again. However, a probate lawyer in your part of Washington would be the one to explain what the specific standing orders you are dealing with provide.

2. David L. Carrier

Pro

7

Answered . Standing Orders in most courts have to do with routine matters dealt with in those courts... usually they are points of local procedure that respond to some local concern. That's why you need to seek counsel from a local attorney.

3. Steven J. Fromm

3

Answered . These type of fundamental quesitons point to the need for you to have an estates attorney assist you. You would be wise to retain one immediately.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to designate a best answer to your question.

Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336, his email address is sjfpc@comcast.net , for more tax, estate and business articles visit his website www.sjfpc.com. and blog