What are some questions you would ask a parole lawyer when hiring.

Asked about 3 years ago - 77032

i don't know the first thing about lawyers and i am trying to get my husband out of prison
he has been up for parole four times an he has been there 21 yrs so we need help if
there is anybody out there to help me

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . Contact Mary Samaan in Houston at (713) 227-8376 and Dave O'Neil in Huntsville at 936-435-1380. They are both excellent parole lawyers and you can talk with both them about the situation and fees before making a decision. Tell them I referred you.

2. Mark Anthony Correro

Answered . Ask questions to find out what the lawyer's plan is for presenting the defendant's case to the parole board. If the lawyer can't tell you exactly what they will do and explain the process, be cautious.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Check Background

Always check background, experience, and disciplinary record before you hire the lawyer. You should inquire about the specifics of a lawyer's background while you are trying to determine whether to retain the attorney or not. Check with the Board of Professional Responsibility to see if the lawyer has been publicly disciplined and why? Make sure you drill down into the details to make sure you know what your attorney's record is.

Do Interviews about Experience and CLEs

Consider interviewing more than one lawyer before you make your final choice. Ask if the lawyer has handled similar matters, and what the outcomes were. Also ask if the lawyer has taken any continuing legal education courses which relate to your problem. Going it alone, you can miss and say the wrong things if you are not represented by an advocate as your attorney. This is why experience is a necessary line of inquiry as you look for a skilled counselor.

Seek Referrals

Ask your friends, family, business associates, or other acquaintances about lawyers they have used. Chances are you will come up with at least a few names.

Confirm Fees

Find out from the lawyer what you will be charged for the legal services provided. Just because a lawyer’s fee is higher, that does not always indicate competence to properly handle your matter.

Meet the Attorney

Schedule an appointment to meet and interview the lawyer. Feel comfortable with your choice. That is the best way to start out once you know that you need an attorney.