What are some examples of "substantial interference" required to establish a breach of quiet enjoyment?

Brea, CA |

I have read many times in these forums examples of what are NOT considered a breach of quiet enjoyment. What are some examples of "substantial interference" required to establish a breach of quiet enjoyment?

24 hour notice of entry served 3 times a week. Serving notices to quit when there is no violation or when the rent has been paid. Serving Notices of Termination of Tenancy, then rescinding them are a few off the top of my head.

A proper response would require a thorough investigation into the history and background of this relationship. The information provided above is just that, information, to be used as you see fit.

To the llist of my colleague, renting to another tenant during the same lease term.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

In general, it means a disturbance that deprives the tenant of the possession and beneficial enjoyment of the premises.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.