Skip to main content

What are Reasons for naturalized U.S. Citizen to be Deported

Warren, MI |

naturalized us citizen from Asia became us citizen by family sponsoring

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Typically, if the US government has evidence that a person naturalized on the basis of fraud, either directly through a fraudulent naturalization application, or indirectly through a fraudulent application for lawful permanent resident status, then US officials might have reason to revoke naturalization.

    Depending on your particular situation, it appears that the person involved should contact an experienced immigration attorney immediately.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  2. Usually, a person can be denaturalized if the naturalization was only obtained as a result of fraud. This makes sesnse because the application should not have succeeded based on the actual facts of the case. If denaturalization and Removal is an issue, don't waste time posting questions on Avvo. You need an immigration lawyer. The sooner, the better. Good luck to you.
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

  3. I agree. A U.S. citizen cannot be deported, however, if naturalization was obtained through fraud (lied on an immigration application), then it can be revoked. Once naturalization is revoked, then the individual can be deported.

    This is general information and not legal advise. This communication does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

  4. Fraud in original immigration process. It is called denaturalizaiton.; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics