What are reasons a judge would grant ex parte emergency custody in an already ongoing cutody war?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Atlanta, GA

Would any of these qualify?

Suicidal Thoughts

Hospitalized on suicide watch for 4 days due to father

Bloody butt on child(never before had a problem like thhat)

Found in danger to self and father

Would these be enough?

1. Donald Lamar Cobb

Answered . Ex parte relief is for serious emergency cases. If your child is in danger you need to immediately seek local legal representation and file for an immediate change of custody to correct this situation

This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Georgia. Responses are based solely on Georgia law unless stated otherwise. .

2. Christopher T. Anderson

Answered . If there is an ongoing custody "war," I must presume you are represented by counsel? If so, this is a question for him/her. If not, you must seriously consider having representation. The things you list sound like things a judge would seriously consider in changing custody.

Consult with a competent attorney experienced in this area. Many (like me) offer a free initial consultation.