What are possible consequences for aiding and abetting, first offense, under PA criminal code

Reading, PA |

What is the usual (if there is one) slap on the wrist for first time office of aiding and abetting?

Sorry, but we can't give you a good substantive answer without more information. We need to know what the underlying crime was. Generally, the sentence for a conspiracy or aiding charge can be just as severe as the sentence for the crime itself.

You have not provided anywhere enough information. Additionally, laws vary from state to state. For example in Michigan, if you were a first time offender who aided and abetted a felony murder, or first degree murder you could expect to receive life without the possibility of parole as aider and abettors in Michigan get exactly the same punishment as the actual offender. While I am not familiar with Pennsylvanias criminal code I would be surprised if it wasn't similar.

I have to agree with both of my collegues. You should relist the question with more facts so an assessment can be offered as to the possible outcome. If you have been charged, list the statutory citation(s), as well as the factual narrative of what they said you did. Good luck.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship; or, constitute either legal advice or attorney advertising. Rather, given the nature of this forum, it is offered solely for information purposes, as a starting point for you to use when speaking directly to a lawyer in your State. Do not assume that the legal conclusions I mention that pertain to NJ are applicable in your State. Since the facts of each case are different, it is critical for you to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under an attorney-client privilege, so that competent advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State before making any decisions about your case.