What are our options for withdrawing/reinvesting this CD?

Asked over 1 year ago - Evans, GA

My daughter received money after my husbands death when she was six years old. That money was held in a trust by the court(CD) until she turned 18. She will be 18 in May of this year 2013. This was completed in Probate court in LaGrange, Tx. I would like to move this money and have it reinvested for her until a later date. As her parent, do I have this option or is it solely her decision once she turns 18? In the time that it has been held in the trust of the court, 12 years, I've never inquired about it's worth. Is that something I can do? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, Tiffany

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . You posted in a part of AVVO directed to Georgia lawyers. Since this involves a Texas court order, repost using a Texas address, or better yet, have a lawyer in Texas review the court order.

2. Loraine M. DiSalvo

Pro

1

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Ashman- this sounds like a Texas law question, and I suggest you try posting it using a Texas address so more Texas-licensed attorneys can see it.

Just based on the statements you've made, it sounds like your daughter may be able to make her own decisions about the CD once she's 18, but you really should consult a Texas attorney about the issue.