Skip to main content

What are options for a woman who is unable to work and has children to take care of stuck with an abusive husband/father?

Lafayette, LA |

He is abusive towards her and the children and allows her very little money to feed and care for the children but it is their only source of income as the mother is disabled

Attorney Answers 1


She can seek a protection from abuse order and also seek custody and child support with the help of a lawyer.

I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We handle cases involving personal injury (car accidents slip and falls, etc.,) medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers' compensation, social security disability and legal malpractice. Nothing I write on Avvo is legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in anything I write on Avvo without retaining your own lawyer in your state. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment

Jaime Julian Garcia III

Jaime Julian Garcia III



Child abuse topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics