What are my visa application options to remain with my wife in United States?

Immigration Lawyer question. I am an Australian citizen who has married my girlfriend of 2 years in USA whilst under ESTA vwp. I am a professional financial consultant over 10 years in Australia. I wish to stay in USA and live with her to comply with Australian law showing joint residency of 1 year. What are my visa codes options.

Long Beach, CA -

Attorney Answers (3)

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Cannot be determined on the scant facts posted.

The Court of Appeals for the Eigth Circuit has stated that "immigration laws and precedents are complex."

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

i have no idea what visa codes you are talking about. To begin, it would be a good idea to disclose whether your girlfriend has any connection to the United States.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

What is her status in the USA?

Talking to a lawyer is a good idea ESTA is a 'dangerous' non-visa classification.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.