What are my visa application options to remain with my wife in United States?

Long Beach, CA |

Immigration Lawyer question. I am an Australian citizen who has married my girlfriend of 2 years in USA whilst under ESTA vwp. I am a professional financial consultant over 10 years in Australia. I wish to stay in USA and live with her to comply with Australian law showing joint residency of 1 year. What are my visa codes options.

What is her status in the USA?

Talking to a lawyer is a good idea ESTA is a 'dangerous' non-visa classification.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Cannot be determined on the scant facts posted.

The Court of Appeals for the Eigth Circuit has stated that "immigration laws and precedents are complex."

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

i have no idea what visa codes you are talking about. To begin, it would be a good idea to disclose whether your girlfriend has any connection to the United States.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Marriage and prenups topics

Recommended articles about Marriage and prenups