What are my rights to my mother's personal belongings as her only heir?

Asked about 1 year ago - Franklin, NC

My mom was very ill with stage 4 cancer and unfortunately passed away the day before her appointment to draw up her will. She was very specific with myself and my step father as to what I was to have. She asked that the house be left to me after he passes away, and left instructions as to which of her personal belongings that she would like me to have. My step dad is now acting as though that conversation never occurred and is giving me a lot of grief over wanting to have things she wanted to leave me. So, since she never had her will made, does that mean that he is automatically entitled to all of her belongings, or do I have any rights? Mind you, there will be very little financial gain on my part, it's mostly sentimental. I don't care if I am not left the house, I just want what she ask

1. Celia R Reed

2

Answered . This appears to be a duplicate question.

2. James P. Frederick

2

Answered . I agree with Attorney Reed. You should retain an attorney immediately to investigate the situation further and help you understand your rights. You are definitely NOT the only heir.

James Frederick