What are my rights to my 6 month old baby as a unwed mother?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lead Hill, AR

the father of my baby is mentally abusive to me, and over protective of his adopted child which is abusive to herself and anyone around her I am terrified for my babies life living with this abusive adopted child

1. Scott Allen Scholl

Pro

2

Answered . If you and the father were never married, you have custody of the child. The only rights the father has is to file a lawsuit to establish rights.

If that happens, then the Court will enter orders based upon what is in the best interests of the child.

2. June Ann Anteski

Pro

Answered . It sounds like you need to move out with your child and find a more stable and happy home in which to raise your child.

As an unwed mother in Arkansas, you have full custody of your child. He will need to file a paternity action to establish his parental rights and be awarded visitation with your child.

Please click the link below if you need further assistance.