What are my rights for breaking my lease due to a dog barking?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

I moved in here and from the day I moved in I have listened to several dogs bark it's all day every day I have written emails explaining the dogs barking the response every time is I'm sorry we will serve them with a final notice 8 months later I'm still listening to dogs bark I also have called security on several occasions complaining nothing gets done what are my legal rights for breaking my lease and getting my deposit back ? Thanks Denise Bannick

1. Rex Edward Russo

Pro

1

Answered . The other attorney gave you good advice. You might be able to break a lease if the landlord fails to provide "peace" but whether it is within the landlord's control is another issue. I have had similar cases in the past, and it was not easy to come up with a definite answer as to the tenant's rights.

2. Laura Mcfarland-Taylor

2

Answered . Have you called animal control and/or the police? Who have you written the emails to? Have you kept a log of the barking (dates, times, etc)? Do you know whose dogs are barking? Have you talked to the dog's owners

I doubt that you will be able to break your lease and get your deposit back but it won't hurt to ask.

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.