What are my rights for 18 year old living in Alabama? When can I move out, do my parents have the right to keep my belongings?

Arab, AL |
Filed under: Family law Civil rights

My home situation is not good, but it's nothing like abuse. I need to get out of the situation and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to keep my stuff, ( clothes, personal items, etc.) what can I do and what is legal? Also I'm still in high school.

1. Wait until you finish high school and get a job. It will be much easier than.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.